Friday, February 14, 2020

High And Lifted Up Is The Person Blessed By God

A three-word phrase caught my eye this morning in Genesis 47, verse 7:
"Jacob blessed Pharaoh"
A picture shot through my mind of me praying over an important world figure (pick your favorite). It would be considered an honor, as I'm sure it was for Jacob praying over Pharaoh. It would be a privilege for any world leader to be blessed by a child of God (whether the world figure recognizes that or not). But most significantly, it would be a testament for any Christ-follower, of the faithfulness of God. God takes our lowly positions and exalts us beyond our imagination as we humble ourselves before Him as our modus operandi for life. 

I don't have to think too long before I see how God has exalted the circumstances of my own life (I know I could come up with many examples). One of the most obvious examples that I remember every day--especially on February 14th--is God's faithfulness in blessing me with the wife that I have.

The thought of this reminded me of another one of my favorite passages. And as luck or fate--or sovereignty would have it--this passage was also part of my daily Bible readings:
For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no man may boast before God. But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD" (1st Corinthians 1:26–31).
So today, why not spend some time boasting in the Lord. You may not be called upon to bless a king… but you have been blessed by the KING!


I thank God for you every day Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment